Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's been awhile...

Well hello! It's been awhile since I have blogged. To be honest, it has been from lack of enthusiasm not so much out of lack of time... I've also lacked some inspiration... Ok enough of what is "lacking" :)

So what's been going on? Winter blues. I get so down in the dumps and lazy in the winter. Something about the cold and dark makes me want to eat all the time and curl up into a ball (and NOT practice).

Curtis and Stefanie needed to take a step back from the practice group, so we are only meeting M, W, and F right now. On top of that, attendance has been dwindling. I never realized how much I rely on the collective energy to get through my practice. While I have missed seeing other bright, shiny faces there, the days that I have made it to my mat in the almost-empty and silent studio have been some of my best practices for myself. Not that I accomplished any crazy pose, but it was silent and still and there is something nice about that. In fact, I had a great experience in stillness on Sunday. I was bound and determined to do my home practice, but I was exhausted after the workshop on Saturday. I started out my practice with the opening chant, did 3 surya namaskara A's and B's, I took the three lotuses, and I did the closing chant. After my savasana, I had the most quiet and peaceful few moments. They were delectable. I savored each little moment knowing it would pass, and was ok with that. I existed in that moment seeing it for what it was. Or at least that is the best way I can describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment